Equipment Van needed to support vital hospice at home services!
Please donate to help raise £3,000 towards the van!
Help is needed to replace the Equipment Delivery Van. This van, replacing “Tom’s Truck donated by Val Harries” is critical to enable patients to either be discharged from hospital or prevent their admission & supports their wish to die at home.
We need to raise approximately £35,000 (NEW TARGET) in total for a new Equipment Van to continue this vital service. Total costs raised will cover: internal fibre glassing to ensure it can be easily be washed down and kept hygienic, an external tail lift to the back of the vehicle and of course have it sign-writing – it will also have reversing sensors, electric windows and air conditioning for the team.
This appeal is for £3,000 as other sources of funding have been identified: £10,000 from The Freemasons’ Grand Charity; the COOP community fund and their members have helped us raise £1,053.63; money is to be raised from the sale of the 35th Anniversary Paul Sartori Raffle Tickets; and grant applications will contribute towards toe £35,000. Please help achieve our target and continue this vital service.
“The support we received as a family was fantastic during a difficult time….the provision of equipment and resources by individuals were sensitive and thoughtful….”
“The access to equipment and speed of delivery was prompt and timely with no pressure to return anything…”
“Excellent care received for my mother from the WHOLE team; nursing and office staff initially, equipment loan staff (advice and delivery of equipment) …We were dealt with professionally with understanding and awareness of mother’s needs and always with a smile – Thank you.”
(Written by Family Carers. References: iWantGreatCare & Paul Sartori direct feedback)
- Makes a difference – the Equipment Loan Delivery Van benefitted 375 patients in 2016/17 – 1,147 equipment loans were made during this same period
- Van provides a rapid response service to enable patients to either be discharged from hospital or prevent their admission and supports their wish to die at home
- Van transports many essential items including profile beds, pressure relieving mattresses bed accessories and bathing aids, wheelchairs and many other items straight into the homes of people who need it
- Equipment is cleaned, checked, maintained and delivered by the experienced Equipment Loan Team
- Nursing Assistants, who deliver items, can also transfer patients and give instructions on the use of items provided
- Costs are rising on vehicle servicing for the current van which is over 8 years old and has over 92,000 miles on the clock
- The Paul Sartori Equipment Loan Service supplements the statutory sources, but is the only supplier of some items (e.g. bath lifts and bed tables)