Paul Sartori have a big aim to raise just over £24,000, in its 35th Anniversary, to replace the Equipment Delivery Van. This van, replacing “Tom’s Truck donated by Val Harries” is critical to enable patients to either be discharged from hospital or prevent their admission & supports their wish to die at home.
The new van to be purchased in April 2018, will need to have many bespoke features include internal fibre glassing to ensure it can be easily be washed down and kept hygienic, an external tail lift to the back of the vehicle, parking sensors and will need to be sign-written.
Please help achieve our target and continue this vital service.
So far, over £24,000 has been raised:
- £10,000 from West Wales Freemasons Masonic Charitable Foundation
- £1,053.63 has been raised by COOP members through the COOP community fund
- £2,747 so far has been raised from the sale of the 35th Anniversary Paul Sartori Raffle Tickets
- Over £3,949 has been received in donations and a successful crowdfunding campaign
- £1,000 has been received from The Sir Jules Thorn Charitable Trust/Ann Rylands Small Donation Programme
- £250 has been received from Pembroke Power Station
- £5,000 has been pledged by The Gannett Foundation
You can still donate:
In person at any of our shops or head office – click here to find your nearest location
Online via BTmydonate
Or phone us on 01437 763223 and make a card payment over the phone
Please don’t forget to mention that you want your donation to go towards the Equipment Van.
- Makes a difference – the Equipment Loan Delivery Van benefitted 375 patients in 2016/17 – 1,147 equipment loans were made during this same period
- Van provides a rapid response service to enable patients to either be discharged from hospital or prevent their admission and supports their wish to die at home
- Van transports many essential items including profile beds, pressure relieving mattresses bed accessories and bathing aids, wheelchairs and many other items straight into the homes of people who need it
- Equipment is cleaned, checked, maintained and delivered by the experienced Equipment Loan Team
- Nursing Assistants, who deliver items, can also transfer patients and give instructions on the use of items provided
- Costs are rising on vehicle servicing for the current van which is over 8 years old and has over 92,000 miles on the clock
- The Paul Sartori Equipment Loan Service supplements the statutory sources, but is the only supplier of some items (e.g. bath lifts and bed tables)
“The support we received as a family was fantastic during a difficult time….the provision of equipment and resources by individuals were sensitive and thoughtful….”
“The access to equipment and speed of delivery was prompt and timely with no pressure to return anything…”
“Excellent care received for my mother from the WHOLE team; nursing and office staff initially, equipment loan staff (advice and delivery of equipment) …We were dealt with professionally with understanding and awareness of mother’s needs and always with a smile – Thank you.”