Contact – Elvire Beijdorff
Telephone Number – 01437 763223
This service is offered to the families and carers of our patients and we can also take outside referrals for anyone who is bereaved.
The sessions are a maximum of an hour long and take place here at Paul Sartori House, Winch Lane, Haverfordwest. Please contact Elvire Beijdorff (Lead Counsellor) to refer, or for further information.
The team will usually have got to know those close to the patient in the weeks or months before the death. One of us will contact you and offer to visit in the weeks after the death, to offer support and information.
We realise that the weeks and months after the loss of someone close can be very sad, confusing and difficult. Many people tell us that they just don’t know what to do, and where to start. You may feel overwhelmed by your thoughts and feelings, as well as the practical and financial implications of your loss. The bereavement support team is able to offer support to you during this time. Please do not hesitate to contact us for help.
The Counselling and Bereavement Team provide:
- Telephone support
- Individual help for adults and other members of the family
- Small group therapies which give you an opportunity to share your feelings and experiences with others who are bereaved. We run bereavement groups
- Invitations to attend a memorial service, often referred to as Light up a Life events
- Written information about the experience of bereavement
- Advice about sources of help with the financial worries and paper work which can follow bereavement
- A bereavement group for parents every second Friday of the month from 11am to 1pm at Paul Sartori House
Starting on the 8th September 2023, we will be holding a Bereavement Counselling Group at Paul Sartori House. There will be 10 sessions held from 1pm – 3pm, and they are open to anyone who is bereaved.
The group aims to give peer support and develop social interactions. Another objective is to help create and encourage friendships.
For more information, or to book a place in the group, please call Elvire on 07881 941527 or Nicola on 01437 763223 before the start date.