Paul Sartori had a big aim to raise over £24,000, in its 35th Anniversary, to replace the Equipment Delivery Van. This van, replacing “Tom’s Truck donated by Val Harries” was critical to enable patients to either be discharged from hospital or prevent their admission and support their wish to die at home.
Paul Sartori is delighted to announce that it received considerable support on this campaign and the new van was ordered on 18th April 2018 from DAYS Haverfordwest.
Special thanks are sent to all that gave during the campaign especially the following:
- West Wales Freemasons Masonic Charitable Foundation
- COOP members through the COOP community fund
- The general public who purchased 35th Anniversary Paul Sartori Raffle Tickets
- Individuals who supported and donated through the crowdfunding campaign
- The Sir Jules Thorn Charitable Trust/Ann Rylands Small Donation Programme
- Pembroke Power Station
- and finally, The Gannett Foundation
Without this support, Paul Sartori would not have been in a position to replace the Equipment Van, so thank you. You are contributing to a wonderful service, highlighted with these Facts and testimonials….
- Makes a difference – the Equipment Loan Delivery Van benefitted 375 patients in 2016/17 – 1,147 equipment loans were made during this same period
- Van provides a rapid response service to enable patients to either be discharged from hospital or prevent their admission and supports their wish to die at home
- Van transports many essential items including profile beds, pressure relieving mattresses bed accessories and bathing aids, wheelchairs and many other items straight into the homes of people who need it
- Equipment is cleaned, checked, maintained and delivered by the experienced Equipment Loan Team
- Nursing Assistants, who deliver items, can also transfer patients and give instructions on the use of items provided
- Costs are rising on vehicle servicing for the current van which is over 8 years old and has over 92,000 miles on the clock
- The Paul Sartori Equipment Loan Service supplements the statutory sources, but is the only supplier of some items (e.g. bath lifts and bed tables)
“The support we received as a family was fantastic during a difficult time….the provision of equipment and resources by individuals were sensitive and thoughtful….”
“The access to equipment and speed of delivery was prompt and timely with no pressure to return anything…”
“Excellent care received for my mother from the WHOLE team; nursing and office staff initially, equipment loan staff (advice and delivery of equipment) …We were dealt with professionally with understanding and awareness of mother’s needs and always with a smile – Thank you.”