Contact – Sandra Dade, Charity Manager
Telephone Number – 01437 763223
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
We are always astounded and truly grateful to people who consider donations in lieu of flowers at such times of grief.
In Memoriam Donations make up a great amount of the charity income required to sustain our vital service each year and we are here to help make the process as easy as possible for anyone considering this wonderful gesture.
We can provide information for family and friends who wish to know about the Foundation and what we do in the community of Pembrokeshire to know that their donation is going to a worthy cause. We can also provide collection boxes or envelopes if required.
It is our aim to give the next of kin a list of family and friends who have so kindly donated in memory of their loved one, and the total amount that their special gesture has raised for the Hospice at Home Services, within six months of the funeral. If you have not heard from us or would like the information sooner please do not hesitate to contact us.
How to make In Memoriam Donations
- Donations, cash or cheques (made payable to Paul Sartori Foundation) can be made directly to Paul Sartori, through the post or in person: Paul Sartori House, Winch Lane, Haverfordwest, SA61 1RP, in person at one of the ‘Sartori Stores’, or online here.
- For some families they inform the undertaker that they wish donations to be made to Paul Sartori and the undertaker will act as the named collector and will forward the total to us.
- For others a close friend may act as the collector, they may open a separate bank account and then once all donations have been received the money will be passed onto us.
- Donations can also be gift aided by an individual (the complete in memoriam donation cannot be gift aided – each individual has to complete a form allowing a gift aid).
- Gift aid envelopes are available from Paul Sartori and can be placed at the funeral for givers to utilise.
How does Paul Sartori record them
- Once Paul Sartori Foundation receive the first in memoriam donation, a personal file is opened in which all the donations and names and addresses of those making a donation are recorded.
- All persons making a donation are personally thanked by letter if an address has been supplied. Some request that no acknowledgement is necessary.
- In memoriam files are kept open for approximately six months. The total amount received is noted and a letter sent to the next of kin with the list of the names of those who have made a donation with the total amount received.
- The personal file can be viewed at any time by the named next of kin.
Paul Sartori Foundation is not automatically informed that it will be in receipt of in memoriam donations, usually the first notification is the receipt of a donation.